These smoky Ancho Chile Shrimp Tacos make an easy and delicious weeknight dinner. They’re made with a combination of spices and topped with a homemade mango slaw.
For the Mango Slaw:
- 2 cups (110 g) shredded cabbage
- 1 cup (160 g) mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup (16 g) cilantro, finely chopped and tightly packed
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (35 g) red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
For the Shrimp:
- 2 1/2 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 pound (454 g) shrimp, peeled and deveined, we used colossal shrimp
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- Cotija cheese
- Crema or sour cream
- For the mango slaw, add all the ingredients to a large bowl and toss with tongs to combine. Set aside in the fridge while you make the shrimp.
- In a small bowl, combine the ancho chile powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
- Pat the shrimp dry then add to a large bowl. Sprinkle the spices over top and toss to evenly coat. Use food-safe gloves to toss by hand.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spread the shrimp evenly in the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes, flipping halfway through. They’re done when the outsides are pink and the center is no longer translucent. Immediately transfer to a plate to prevent them from overcooking.
- Heat the corn tortillas then fill with shrimp. Top with the mango slaw, cotija, crema (or sour cream), cilantro, and fresh lime juice.
Use pre-cut mango chunks to save time. You’ll still need to dice them, but it’s much easier than cutting whole fruit.
If there’s any leftovers, store the shrimp separately in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 day.
If you’re scaling up the recipe, just note that the gram measurement for the shrimp does not automatically update when using the scaling feature.
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
- Calories: 338
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 704.7 mg
- Fat: 11.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 35.9 g
- Fiber: 7.9 g
- Protein: 27.6 g
Keywords: ancho chile shrimp tacos, ancho chile shrimp tacos recipe, shrimp tacos with mango slaw