Decadent, fudgy, and beautifully cracked tops. These Brownie Crinkle Cookies are the perfect middle ground for when you can’t decide if you want cookies or brownies. They have a rich chocolatey interior and a shiny crinkled crust. Best served with a cold glass of milk!
- 113 g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 240 g (8 oz) 70% dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 100 g (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 100 g (1/2 cup) light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 60 g (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 3 tbsp Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium heatproof bowl, add the butter and chocolate. Use a double boiler to stir the chocolate mixture until melted or heat in 30 seconds intervals in the microwave. When using the microwave, take the bowl out when the mixture is about 80% melted then stir until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl using an electric hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whisk together the eggs and both sugars for 5 minutes on medium-high speed. The mixture should look thick and drizzly.
- On low speed, stream in the melted chocolate mixture and mix until combined. Be sure to scrape out all the chocolate with a silicone spatula.
- Use a fine mesh sieve to sift the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking soda, and salt over the bowl of batter. Use a silicone spatula to fold in the dry ingredients until just combined. The batter should look thick and glossy.
- Portion the cookies using a 3 tbsp cookie scoop and place the cookies 2 inches (5 cm) apart on the prepared baking sheets* (see notes). Immediately place the first sheet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes until the edges have set and the tops are domed. The dough in between the cracks should look slightly under baked.
- Place the second sheet in the oven and sprinkle the freshly baked cookies with flaky salt. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack completely.
It’s best to place the first sheet in the oven as soon as all the cookies are placed on it. Don’t wait until after you’ve prepped the second sheet or else the cookies might not come out as glossy.
To prevent a dry and stiff cookie, it’s best to measure everything in grams so you don’t overpack any of your ingredients (especially flour).
You can store them in an airtight container for 4-5 days, but they’re best after 2-3.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 194
- Sugar: 14.2 g
- Sodium: 125.7 mg
- Fat: 11.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.2 g
- Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
Keywords: brownie crinkle cookies, brownie cookies, chocolate crinkle cookies