This tahini swirl banana bread is perfectly moist with bits of gooey chocolate chunks inside. The tahini swirls on top give it an elevated look that’s sure to impress. Top it with extra tahini and flaky sea salt for a decadent treat!
- 160 g (1 1/3 cup) all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 67 g (1/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 67 g (1/3 cup) dark brown sugar, packed
- 110 g (1/2 cup) + 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled, divided
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 120 g (1/2 cup) full-fat plain Greek yogurt*, room temp
- 90 g (1/3 cup) + 1 tbsp unsalted tahini, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 310 g (1 1/4 cup) overripe bananas, mashed
- 120 g (4 oz) dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Brush the inside of a 9×5″ loaf pan with 1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil then line with parchment paper. Leave a couple inches of overhang on the sides for easy lifting. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, dark brown sugar, and 110 g (1/2 cup) melted coconut oil until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, whisking each one completely before adding the next.
- Add the Greek yogurt, 90 g (1/3 cup) tahini, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the mashed bananas.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold the mixture with a rubber spatula until almost combined. There will be a few pockets of flour left.
- Fold in the chopped dark chocolate just until there are no more bits of flour. Be careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, smoothing out the top.
- Measure out 1 tbsp of tahini and place small dollops on top of the batter. Leave a bit of space between each one.
- Using the tip of a knife or a skewer, swirl the top until you’re satisfied with how it looks. Be careful not to over swirl as this could lead to a muddy top.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If the top is browning too much, place a tent of foil over the banana bread.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before lifting it out to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once it’s completely cooled, it’s ready to slice and serve.
- Top it with a drizzle of tahini and flaky sea salt if desired. Enjoy!
Greek Yogurt Substitute: you can substitute the Greek yogurt with the same amount of full-fat sour cream.
Don’t over mix the batter or you’ll end up with a gluey, dense banana bread. This happens when you work the flour too much and gluten starts to develop.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 335
- Sugar: 18.5 g
- Sodium: 138.2 mg
- Fat: 19.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 35.4 g
- Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 5.7 g
Keywords: tahini banana bread, banana bread recipe, easy banana bread recipe, chocolate chip banana bread, chocolate chunk banana bread, chocolate tahini recipe, tahini swirl banana bread