Thick, creamy, and ultra decadent. This coconut milk hot chocolate takes only 10 minutes to make and has no refined sugar! Sip it on a cold winter day and use it to dip in your favorite treats. It’s the ultimate comforting winter drink!
- 1 (13.5 oz) can full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) plain unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar or maple syrup*
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch flaky sea salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup (60 g) dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk coconut milk, almond milk, coconut sugar*, ground cinnamon, and salt in a medium pot over medium heat. Bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, whisk in cocoa powder and dark chocolate chips until melted and smooth.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Serve with coconut cream and chocolate shavings if desired.
Coconut Sugar or Maple Syrup: If using maple syrup, stir it in at the end. If using coconut sugar, add it in the beginning so the granules have time to melt.
Nutrition information is only an estimate. If using maple syrup, calories and sugar content will be a bit lower.
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 433
- Sugar: 22.5 g
- Sodium: 827 mg
- Fat: 34.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.7 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 1 mg
Keywords: coconut milk hot chocolate, hot chocolate recipe, hot cocoa recipe, winter drink, homemade hot chocolate