This creamy pesto gnocchi makes a tasty meatless meal and comes together in just 15 minutes. It’s simple, ultra comforting, and made all in one pan. No need to sacrifice flavor even when you’re in a pinch!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 2 lbs (1 kg) uncooked potato gnocchi
- 1/3 cup (30 g) parmesan, finely grated
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) heavy cream
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken broth, low sodium
- 2/3 cup (160 g) homemade pesto
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil.
- Add the chopped shallots and cook until translucent, tossing occasionally.
- Add the wine and gnocchi and gently toss to coat. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Increase the heat just below medium-high and add the parmesan, heavy cream, and chicken broth, cooking until bubbly (about 3-5 minutes).
- Reduce the heat back to medium and gently toss the gnocchi to keep the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the pesto and thoroughly mix to evenly coat the gnocchi for about 2 minutes or until the gnocchi is al dente.
Homemade pesto is best and you can make it up to 3 days ahead of time for this recipe.
Don’t overcook your gnocchi. They should be tender but not mushy.
We did not add any salt to the dish since there’s plenty from the pesto, chicken broth, and parmesan. If you feel like it needs some, feel free to add a bit to the sauce.
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
Keywords: creamy pesto gnocchi recipe, pesto gnocchi, comfort food, one pan, quick, easy