These Crispy Breakfast Potatoes are lightly crispy and made with a blend of dried herbs and spices. They take less than 30 minutes to bake in the oven and go great alongside your favorite breakfast or brunch!
- 2 lbs (~910 g) russet potatoes, washed and peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional but highly recommended)
- Flaky sea salt (optional), for topping
- Fresh herbs (optional), for topping
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (235°C) and cut the potatoes into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes. Evenly space them out onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and blot them dry with a paper towel to get rid of any excess moisture.
- In a small bowl, mix together the spices, herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the potatoes then toss to evenly coat them. Sprinkle over the spice mixture and toss again until everything is fully coated. Make sure to keep them spaced out so they cook evenly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, tossing halfway through and roast until they’re tender when poked with a fork.
- Turn on the broiler and continue to bake for 4-5 minutes until the potatoes are brown and crispy. Keep an eye on them at this stage to make sure they don’t burn (you may have to toss them after about 3 minutes).
- Remove them from the oven and sprinkle with flaky sea salt and fresh herbs if desired. Serve immediately.
The longer the potatoes sit out, the softer they get so be sure to have your main meal ready by the time the potatoes are done.
Please keep in mind that the scaling function does not work on this recipe when scaling the potatoes in grams. If you want to double the recipe, it would be about 1.8 kgs. Tripling it would be about 2.7 kgs. The rest of the ingredients should scale just fine.
Storing and Reheating: Keep in an airtight container for 2-3 days in the fridge. To reheat them, preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C) and heat for 15 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 268.4 mg
- Fat: 4.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.4 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
Keywords: crispy breakfast potatoes, breakfast potatoes, roasted breakfast potatoes