These chewy Espresso Chocolate Chip Blondies are full of coffee flavor and studded with melty spots of dark chocolate. Enjoy them with a cold glass of milk or double up the caffeine with a cup of coffee.
- 180 g (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 113 g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted and warm
- 200 g (1 cup) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 120 g (4 oz) 70% dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease an 8×8-inch (20 cm) baking pan and line with parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the warm melted butter with the light brown sugar until well combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
- Fold in the flour mixture until just combined then fold in the chopped chocolate. Don’t overmix.
- Transfer the batter evenly into the prepared baking pan, smoothing out the top (use the back of a spoon for easier spreading). Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is shiny and wrinkled and the edges are golden brown.
- Cool for at least 45 minutes in the pan then lift out the blondies and slice into squares.
Vanilla Extract: Yes, we use 1 whole tablespoon in this recipe. It seems like a lot, but it works really well with the rest of the flavors.
Storage: Place them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
These blondies taste better the next day since their flavor has had time to develop. If you like them gooey, just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Serving Size: 1 blondie
- Calories: 195
- Sugar: 14.1 g
- Sodium: 60.1 mg
- Fat: 9.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.7 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
Keywords: espresso chocolate chip blondies, espresso blondies, coffee blondies