This Fried Egg Sandwich is an elevated twist on a tasty breakfast classic. It’s made with bacon, gruyere cheese, and arugula all on a soft brioche bun. The chipotle mayo gives it an extra edge that takes this breakfast sandwich to the next level.
- 1 1/2 tbsp mayo
- 1/8 tsp chipotle powder
Fried Egg Sandwich:
- 1 brioche bun
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 large egg
- 1 slice gruyere cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (10 g) arugula, packed
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayo and chipotle powder.
Fried Egg Sandwich:
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and place the top and bottom half of the brioche bun on the skillet, cut side down.
- Toast for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Flip them over and toast the other sides for 20-30 seconds. Set aside on a plate and spread the chipotle mayo on the top half of the bun. Pile the arugula on the bottom half and place the gruyere on top.
- With the pan still on medium heat, cook the bacon until brown and crispy, flipping halfway through (5-6 minutes)*. As it’s cooking, set aside a plate with paper towels on top.
- Place the cooked bacon on top of the plate with the paper towels to allow some of the fat to drain.
- Reduce the heat of the skillet to medium-low and crack the egg in the pan. If there is too much bacon grease, drain some of it out. You still need some to cook your egg in, so don’t get rid of all of it.
- Cook the egg for about 2 minutes until the white is almost cooked through and the yolk is still runny.
- Turn off the heat and let the egg sit for 20-30 seconds. The residual heat in the pan will continue to cook it.
- Remove the egg from the pan and place it on top of the cheese on the bottom half of the sandwich. Break the bacon into 4 pieces and fit it onto the top half where the mayo is.
- Close the sandwich and enjoy!
Bacon: The total cook time of the bacon is 5-6 minutes, so you’ll need to flip it after about 3 minutes.
Pair this sandwich with our crispy breakfast potatoes for a complete breakfast!
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 493
- Sugar: 3.4 g
- Sodium: 824.9 mg
- Fat: 37 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.2 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 22.7 g
Keywords: fried egg sandwich recipe, fried egg breakfast sandwich, breakfast sandwich