This gingerbread bundt cake is moist, fluffy, and simple to make. It’s made with a whole cup of molasses and a splash of spiced rum for a rich, deep flavor. Serve it with a glass of milk for the perfect holiday dessert!
- 360 g (3 cups) all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 170 g (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 150 g (3/4 cup) dark brown sugar, packed
- 320 g (1 cup) unsulphered molasses (NOT blackstrap)
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 245 g (1 cup) whole milk, room temperature
- 57 g (1/4 cup) plain Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 60 g (1/4 cup) spiced rum
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Use a pastry brush to coat the inside of the pan with 1 tbsp of melted butter. Sprinkle the inside with a few tbsp of granulated sugar and gently tap the pan as you turn it until the inside is completely coated in sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and dark brown sugar on medium-high speed. Beat for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- On the lowest speed, slowly pour in the molasses until fully combined. Scrape the bottom and sides as needed to ensure everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Add the eggs one at a time, fully mixing in each one before adding the next. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together the milk and yogurt until fully combined.
- In three additions, alternate adding the flour mixture, milk, and rum. Start and end with the flour. Mix until just combined. Scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl as needed. Don’t overmix.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared bundt pan and smooth out the top. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, dust with powdered sugar.
If the cake does not come out of the bundt right away, gently tap on the pan until the cake comes free.
Nutritional information is only an estimate.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 25.4 g
- Sodium: 143.1 mg
- Fat: 10.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.4 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 4.4 g
Keywords: gingerbread bundt cake, gingerbread cake recipe, easy gingerbread cake, holiday dessert recipe