These Herbed Tuna Salad Sandwiches are made with fresh herbs and juicy roasted tomatoes. They make a delicious spring or summer lunch and go great with a side of greens or chips!
- 1 1/2 cups (222 g) cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 generous pinch of flaky sea salt
Herbed Tuna Salad Sandwiches:
- 2 5-oz (142 g) cans of tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1/2 cup (110 g) mayo
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 long baguette*
- 1 packed cup (32 g) microgreens
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the tomatoes on the baking sheet and coat with 1/2 tbsp of olive oil. Bake for 25-30 minutes until wrinkled and juicy.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and let cool for at least 10 minutes. Once cool, give them a little squish with the back of a spoon to flatten them out a bit.
Herbed Tuna Salad:
- While the tomatoes are roasting, make the tuna salad by adding the tuna, mayo, dijon mustard, lemon juice, shallot, herbs, capers, and black pepper to a large bowl. Break up the tuna into small pieces and stir to combine.
- Cut the baguette into 4 pieces and slice them lengthwise through the center.
- Place the tuna salad on the bottom halves of the bread and add the tomatoes and microgreens on top. Cover with the top half of the bread and serve with a side of chips or a salad.
Bread: You can also use demi-baguettes or any other rustic bread like sourdough. Whole wheat bread would be good too.
You can make the tuna salad ahead of time and cover it with plastic wrap before storing it in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Any leftover tuna salad can be stored for up to 1 day after making.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 586
- Sugar: 4.9 g
- Sodium: 988.7 mg
- Fat: 29.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.4 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 29.2 g
Keywords: herbed tuna salad sandwiches, herbed tuna sandwiches