This Hibiscus syrup is simple to make and is perfect for adding to cocktails, desserts, and other sweet drinks.
- 2/3 cup (26 g) dried hibiscus flowers
- 1 1/2 cups (300 g) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 6 whole cloves
- Add dried hibiscus flowers, sugar, and water to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture reaches a simmer.
- Stir in the cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, and cloves and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and let steep for 1 hour before straining with a fine mesh sieve. Transfer the syrup into an airtight bottle or jar and store in the fridge.
Keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks in an airtight container.
Make a simple agua fresca by adding a bit of the syrup to some water. Best served chilled or over ice.
Use it for cocktails, desserts, and other drinks.
Keywords: hibiscus syrup, hibiscus simple syrup, dried hibiscus flowers