There’s nothing quite like a stack of homemade fluffy pancakes. Especially when topped with butter and a drizzle of pure maple syrup. Yum!
- 1 1/2 cups (180 g) all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (80 g) malted milk powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) vegetable oil or safflower oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 2 tsp Mexican vanilla extract*
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and malted milk powder.
- In a 2-cup liquid measuring cup (or medium bowl), whisk together the eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla extract until fully combined.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.
- Gently fold everything together with a rubber spatula until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Heat a large, high-quality nonstick pan over medium heat then pour in 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Spread out the edges a bit with a measuring cup.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes or until you see bubbles starting to form then flip onto the other side until both sides are golden brown. If the pancakes are browning too quickly, you may need to reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings.
Vanilla Extract: You can substitute the Mexican vanilla with regular vanilla extract.
If you’re using a skillet that’s not nonstick, use a thin layer of butter or oil to grease the pan. Repeat each time you make another round of pancakes.
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
- Calories: 272
- Sugar: 13.9 g
- Sodium: 350.6 mg
- Fat: 10.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.4 g
- Protein: 6.8 g
- Cholesterol: 56 mg
Keywords: homemade pancakes, fluffy pancakes recipe, American pancake recipe