This mediterranean goat cheese sandwich makes for the perfect summer lunch! It’s easy to make, vegetarian, and packed full of flavor.
- 3 cups (460 g) cherry tomatoes
- 2 large cloves garlic (1/2 tbsp), minced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 French demi baguettes, frozen
- 2/3 heaping cup (110 g) sliced kalamata olives
- 4 oz (110 g) goat cheese, crumbled
- Baby greens (optional)
- 1/2 cup (105 g) mayo
- 1 1/2 tbsp Herbs de Provence (see notes)
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Add the minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt. Toss everything until evenly coated. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Lightly squish the tomatoes with a fork. This helps to prevent those pesky splatters when biting into cherry tomatoes. Toss in the olives.
- Bake the bread according to the packaging. This should only take a few minutes since we’re using frozen demi baguettes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the mayo, Herbs de Provence, and dried basil. Once the bread is done, cut each baguette in half lengthwise, but don’t cut all the way through.
- Spread the mayo inside the top half of the bread and add the goat cheese to the bottom. Add the tomato and olive mixture in the middle as well as the baby greens if you’re using them.
- Serve with a side of chips or a salad and enjoy!
For the best flavor, use an Herbs de Provence blend with lavender in it. If you can’t find one, you can always add a pinch of dried lavender to get a similar flavor.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 554
- Sugar: 5.8 g
- Sodium: 1030.8 mg
- Fat: 37.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Protein: 14.3 g
- Cholesterol: 24.6 mg
Keywords: mediterranean sandwich, goat cheese recipe, sandwiches, sandwich recipe, tomato sandwich, vegetarian sandwich, vegetarian recipe, vegetarian lunch, lunch recipe