This Non-Alcoholic Calypso Coffee has a bittersweet flavor that’s perfectly complimented by a smooth layer of heavy cream on top. Enjoy it as a dessert drink or an indulgent morning pick-me-up!
- 1 fl oz (30 ml) non-alcoholic dark rum*
- 1/2 fl oz (15 ml) non-alcoholic coffee liqueur*
- 4 fl oz (125 ml) hot coffee
- 1 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste/pure vanilla extract
- 1 fl oz (30 ml) heavy cream
- Chocolate shavings (optional), for garnish
- Add all the ingredients except the cream into a glass. Stir to combine and dissolve the sugar.
- In a small bowl or cup, lightly whisk the heavy cream. Be careful not to over whip it or you won’t be able to pour it.
- Slowly pour the cream over the back of a spoon held over the drink. This creates a floating layer of cream that doesn’t sink when you pour it in.
- Garnish the top with chocolate shavings if desired. Don’t stir the drink. Just sip and enjoy!
Non-Alcoholic Spirits: We use Lyres’ Coffee Originale (coffee liqueur) and Dark Cane Spirit (dark rum).
Adding the Cream: Make sure to hold the spoon right over the drink to allow the cream to gently sit on top.
Toppings: You can also add a dash of cinnamon or a bit of cocoa powder instead of chocolate shavings.
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 99
- Sugar: 9.5 g
- Sodium: 11.6 mg
- Fat: 5.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.4 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0.6 g
Keywords: non alcoholic calypso coffee, calypso coffee, non alcoholic coffee cocktails