These double chocolate cookies are soft, chewy, and rich in chocolatey goodness. The secret to their complex flavor is malted milk powder, which adds a touch of richness. The perfect cookie recipe for any chocolate lover!
- 270 g (2 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 50 g (1/2 cup) unsweetened cocoa powder (use dutch processed for a deeper flavor)
- 70 g (1/2 cup) malted milk powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 226 g (1 cup) unsalted butter, room temp
- 200 g (1 cup) light brown sugar, packed
- 100 g (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 237 g (8 oz) chopped dark chocolate
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, malted milk powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and both sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy (1-2 minutes). Add the eggs in one at a time. Mix in the vanilla extract. Scrape the sides down as needed.
- On low speed, add the flour in three additions until just combined. Scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula to ensure everything is incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Using a 3 tbsp cookie scoop, place the cookies on a baking sheet. Don’t worry about spacing them out. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- About 20 minutes before removing the cookies from the fridge, preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once the cookies have chilled, space them about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until the edges have set and the centers look slightly underdone.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with a glass of milk and a generous sprinkle of flaky sea salt if desired.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, double chocolate chip cookies, chewy chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chocolate chip cookies, double chocolate chip cookies recipe, cookie recipe