A luxurious and indulgent Truffle Grilled Cheese Sandwich that’s made for lazy Sundays. Made with black truffle oil, arugula, and a blend of gruyere and gouda cheese all on buttered sourdough bread.
- 2 tbsp black truffle oil
- 2 tbsp (28 g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 4 oz (114 g) gruyere cheese, shredded
- 3 oz (86 g) gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup (20 g) arugula, packed
- In a large skillet, heat the truffle oil over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place half of the slices onto the heated skillet with the butter side touching the pan. Sprinkle an even amount of cheese onto the bread and add the arugula on top.
- Place the remaining slices of sourdough on top of the slices with cheese, laying them butter side up.
- As it cooks, lightly press the tops with a spatula to help melt the cheese. Once the bottoms are golden brown, flip the sandwiches over and press the tops again with the spatula.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown and the cheese is melted through.
- Remove from the pan then slice in half and serve immediately.
Preheating the pan: To test if the pan has fully preheated before adding the bread, wet your hands with a bit of water and sprinkle some onto the pan. If the drops sizzle, the pan is ready to use. If not, wait a minute or so and test it again.
If you can get your hands on some black truffles, add a few slices inside your grilled cheese for an even stronger truffle flavor.
Please note that the nutrition info is for 1/2 a sandwich and is only an estimate. The recipe makes 2 sandwiches, but it can easily serve 4 people.
- Serving Size: 1/2 a sandwich
- Calories: 683
- Sugar: 7.1 g
- Sodium: 1216.3 mg
- Fat: 30.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 72.9 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 28.9 g
Keywords: truffle grilled cheese, truffle grilled cheese sandwich, grilled cheese with truffle oil, fancy grilled cheese