With summer in full swing, nothing is better than something light and cool. This creamy cucumber salad is just the thing you need to add to your summer menu! It’s creamy, light, and super refreshing to eat on those hot summer days. It takes less than 20 minutes to make which is great if you’re in a pinch!
- English cucumbers: These cucumbers typically have a thinner skin than regular cucumbers, so they don’t need to be peeled.
- Red onion: Red onion adds an extra crunch as well as a nice pop of color!
- Greek Yogurt: We like to use Greek yogurt because it’s a bit lighter than sour cream, but still nice and creamy.
- White Wine Vinegar: 2 teaspoons of vinegar is what you’ll need for this recipe.
- Lemon Juice: The lemon juice adds a fresh, bright flavor
- Fresh Dill: Fresh dill works best in this recipe
- Garlic: You’ll need ½ teaspoon of freshly minced garlic. You can add ¼ teaspoon instead if you don’t like too much garlic flavor.
- Salt + Pepper: ½ teaspoon of salt is what the recipe calls for, but you can adjust it to your taste. Freshly cracked black pepper adds a nice bite as well!
Yes, of course! Unless you like the thicker skin on these cucumbers, you may want to peel them before slicing. Slicing cucumbers are also a bit more bitter, but it shouldn’t affect the taste too much.
A Few Quick Tips
- Since cucumbers hold a lot of water, excess liquid can settle to the bottom. The solution? Just give it another good toss before serving!
- Are you a fan of cucumber sandwiches with your afternoon tea? If so, put this creamy cucumber salad between some fluffy white bread and you’re good to go!
Creamy Cucumber Salad with Greek Yogurt and Fresh Dill
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Salad, Sides
- Cuisine: American
This creamy cucumber salad is perfect for backyard BBQs, a light lunch, or as a base for cucumber sandwiches. Made with Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, this recipe is healthier than most cucumber salads.
- 2 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup (30 g) red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (240 g) plain greek yogurt
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 clove garlic (½ tsp), minced*(see notes)
- ½ tsp salt
- Freshly cracked pepper for topping
- In a large bowl, mix together the red onion, greek yogurt, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, dill, garlic, and salt until combined.
- Add the cucumber slices and toss to evenly coat the cucumbers. Top with freshly cracked pepper.
- Garnish with more sliced red onion and dill if desired.
Freshly minced garlic: You can use ¼ tsp instead if you don’t like a lot of garlic flavor
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 87
- Sugar: 4.4 g
- Sodium: 319.1 mg
- Fat: 3.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.9 g
- Protein: 7.1 g
- Cholesterol: 9.3 mg
Keywords: cucumber salad, cucumber dill salad, creamy cucumber salad, cucumber salad recipe, summer recipe, side dish, healthy recipe, summer salad
Leave a Reply