This mediterranean goat cheese sandwich makes for the perfect summer lunch! It’s easy to make, vegetarian, and packed full of flavor. The sweetness of the tomatoes mixed with the goat cheese and herbs has easily made this a staple in our house. Pair it with a side of chips or a fresh salad.
Ingredients to Make This Mediterranean Goat Cheese Sandwich
- Cherry Tomatoes: The sweeter the better!
- Garlic: 2 large cloves of garlic is used in this recipe which comes out to about ½ tbsp minced.
- Balsamic Vinegar: This gives the tomatoes some extra flavor.
- Olive Oil: You’ll need 2 tbsp olive oil for roasting the tomatoes.
- Dried Oregano: This recipe calls for 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Salt: You’ll need ¼ tsp salt.
- Demi Baguettes: You should be able to find frozen demi baguettes at most grocery stores. Just heat it in the oven according to the packaging to get it nice and toasty.
- Kalamata Olives: To save time, get the halved olives, but be sure not to include any juice from the jar.
- Goat Cheese: This is where half the flavor comes from so don’t skip this ingredient!
- Baby Greens: Any blend of mixed baby greens works fine for this recipe.
- Mayo: Any mayo will work fine. We like to use Hellmann’s!
- Herbs de Provence: Not all Herbs de Provence blends are the same, so be sure to get one with lavender in it. The lavender has a nice aromatic taste that adds to the overall flavor.
- Dried Basil: This livens the flavor of the mayo.
How to Make This Mediterranean Goat Cheese Sandwich
- First, wash the cherry tomatoes.
- Second, toss the tomatoes in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried oregano, and salt. Then roast them in the oven for 20 minutes. After that, toss the olives in and set aside to cool.
- While the tomatoes cool a bit, bake your bread according to the packaging. It should only take a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the herbed mayo by mixing in Herbs de Provence and dried basil.
- Lastly, place all the fixings in the bread and enjoy!
Tips for Making This Recipe
- Use Herbs de Provence with lavender in the ingredients list. We’ve tried others that don’t have it, and it just doesn’t taste as nice. So, we highly recommend looking for lavender in your Herbs de Provence. If you can’t find any, you can always add a pinch of dried lavender to get the same flavor.
- Squish the tomatoes after roasting them in order to prevent those pesky juices from splattering when you’re eating!
- If you’re wanting an extra bit of protein, we recommend using thick-cut oven roasted chicken. However, if you want some extra veggies, artichokes are a tasty option to add in as well.
Try This Recipe:Print
This mediterranean goat cheese sandwich makes for the perfect summer lunch! It’s easy to make, vegetarian, and packed full of flavor.
- 3 cups (460 g) cherry tomatoes
- 2 large cloves garlic (½ tbsp), minced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 French demi baguettes, frozen
- ⅔ heaping cup (110 g) sliced kalamata olives
- 4 oz (110 g) goat cheese, crumbled
- Baby greens (optional)
- ½ cup (105 g) mayo
- 1 ½ tbsp Herbs de Provence (see notes)
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Add the minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt. Toss everything until evenly coated. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Lightly squish the tomatoes with a fork. This helps to prevent those pesky splatters when biting into cherry tomatoes. Toss in the olives.
- Bake the bread according to the packaging. This should only take a few minutes since we’re using frozen demi baguettes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the mayo, Herbs de Provence, and dried basil. Once the bread is done, cut each baguette in half lengthwise, but don’t cut all the way through.
- Spread the mayo inside the top half of the bread and add the goat cheese to the bottom. Add the tomato and olive mixture in the middle as well as the baby greens if you’re using them.
- Serve with a side of chips or a salad and enjoy!
For the best flavor, use an Herbs de Provence blend with lavender in it. If you can’t find one, you can always add a pinch of dried lavender to get a similar flavor.
Keywords: mediterranean sandwich, goat cheese recipe, sandwiches, sandwich recipe, tomato sandwich, vegetarian sandwich, vegetarian recipe, vegetarian lunch, lunch recipe