This recipe for a Dark & Rainy cocktail is a non-alcoholic version of the classic Dark n’ Stormy. Made with non-alcoholic spiced rum, you can sip on this drink any time of the day. So when you’re stuck at home on a stormy evening, cozy up with a Dark & Rainy!
Ingredients to Make the Dark & Rainy Cocktail:
- Non-Alcoholic Spiced Rum: Spiced rum works better in this recipe, but you can use any rum alternative.
- Lime Juice: This gives the drink a hint of citrusy flavor.
- Simple Syrup: You’ll need ¼ oz to balance out the tanginess of the lime juice.
- Ginger Beer: This is a staple ingredient for this drink. We like to use Fever Tree, but you can find lots of other brands out there. Just be sure to get ginger beer and not ginger ale.
Yes. While we recommend using fresh lime juice for the best taste, you can absolutely use bottle juice if that’s what you have on hand.
While the alcoholic version of this drink is typically served in a highball glass, any cocktail glass is fine. We only had old fashioned glasses at the time, so that’s what we went with!
Unfortunately, no. Ginger beer is completely different than ginger ale. This is because ginger beer is stronger and spicier. It’s also less sweet than ginger ale. Despite “beer” being in the name, ginger beer does not generally contain any alcohol.
If you don’t like any amount of sweetness in your drinks, you can leave out the simple syrup. While this drink contains a small amount to balance out the flavors, it’s not a staple ingredient. It should not drastically affect the taste of the drink.
Dark & Rainy Cocktail
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cocktail 1x
- 2 oz non-alcoholic spiced rum
- ½ oz lime juice
- ¼ oz simple syrup
- 3 oz ginger beer
- In a mixing glass, stir together the spiced rum, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Add to a glass filled with ice and pour the ginger beer on top.
- Garnish with a slice of lime and enjoy!
Leave a Reply