This homemade cinnamon dolce latte is like a warm hug in a cup! It’s made with cinnamon and brown sugar syrup, and topped with maple whipped cream. The cinnamon syrup is mixed with espresso, and steamed milk is poured over the top. It’s amazing on its own, but the whipped cream takes it to the next level. It’s just what you need when you’re craving something sweet and warm!
Cinnamon Dolce Latte
Grab yourself a cup of this cinnamon dolce latte and snuggle up on the couch! The cinnamon and brown sugar not only make this drink tasty, but ultra cozy as well. It takes little to no time to make. You can even make the cinnamon syrup the night before if you’re low on time. Just add a few tablespoons to your milk and espresso, and you’re good to go. Nothing beats a hot drink on a chilly autumn day!
- Dark Brown Sugar: This sweetens the cinnamon syrup and adds more depth of flavor.
- Water: This is the base of the cinnamon syrup.
- Cinnamon: The star of this drink! We like to sprinkle a little extra on top too!
- Vanilla Extract: This adds an extra boost of flavor.
- Espresso: You’ll need 2 shots of espresso.
- Steamed Milk: We like to use whole milk for the rich flavor, but you can use any milk you like.
- Heavy Cream: This is for the maple whipped cream.
- Maple Syrup: The main flavor of the whipped cream!
How to Make This Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- First, make the cinnamon dolce syrup. You can do this the night before for a super quick morning drink. To make the syrup, heat the cinnamon, brown sugar, water, and vanilla in a small saucepan. Once the sugar has melted, place the syrup in a jar to cool.
- Next, brew your espresso and steam your milk. Add the espresso to a mug and mix in the cinnamon syrup. Then pour in the steamed milk.
- Lastly, top it with maple whipped cream!
If you have an espresso machine with a milk steamer, all you have to do it place the wand into the milk and steam it. If you don’t have one of these, heat the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring it to a simmer and give it a good whisk until frothy. Take it off the heat and voilà!
Yes! Feel free to use any milk you want. If you want, you can also try using coconut cream in place of the whipped cream.
The syrup will last 1-2 weeks in the fridge when placed in an air tight container.
Enjoy Your Latte with This Recipe
If you’re a fan of cinnamon, these pumpkin snickerdoodles are a perfect match for this latte!
A Few Tips
- If you don’t have time in the morning to make the simple syrup, you can make it ahead of time. It will last up to 1-2 weeks in the fridge, so you can use it whenever you like.
- Let your latte cool a bit before adding the whipped cream. If you add it while the drink is too hot, it’ll just melt. Then you’ll miss out on all that creamy goodness!
This homemade cinnamon dolce latte is like a warm hug in a cup! It’s made with cinnamon and brown sugar syrup, and topped with maple whipped cream. Perfect for enjoying on a chilly, early morning!
For the Cinnamon Dolce Syrup:
- ¼ cup (50 g) dark brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup (65 ml) water
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
For the Cinnamon Dolce Latte:
- Double shot of espresso
- 1–2 tbsp of homemade cinnamon dolce syrup
- 1 cup (250 ml) steamed milk*
For the Maple Whipped Cream:
- ¼ cup (60 ml) heavy cream
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the brown sugar, water, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Stir occasionally until simmering and the sugar has melted (2-3 minutes). Pour into a heat proof container to cool.
- In a mug, stir together the cinnamon dolce syrup and the espresso. Pour in the steamed milk.
- With an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream and maple syrup in a bowl until thick and fluffy.
- Top the latte with the whipped cream and an extra dash of cinnamon if desired.
If you don’t have an espresso machine with a milk steamer, you can heat the milk over the stove. Just place the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Give it a good whisk until frothy and pour it into your drink.
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 309
- Sugar: 27.3 g
- Sodium: 115.5 mg
- Fat: 18.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.5 g
- Protein: 8.6 g
- Cholesterol: 58.3 mg
Keywords: cinnamon dolce latte, cinnamon dolce, cinnamon dolce latte recipe, dolce latte starbucks