If you’re a fan of delicious, pretty pink drinks, you have to try the Clover Club Cocktail! Made with raspberry syrup and fresh lemon juice, it’s the perfect blend of sweet and sour. This recipe is a spin on the classic Clover Club minus the alcohol. In other words, you can enjoy it any time of the day!
- Non-Alcoholic Gin: We like to use Damrak Virgin Gin for this recipe, but any zero alcohol gin works fine too!
- Lemon Juice: We recommend you use fresh lemon juice in order to get the best taste.
- Raspberry Syrup: This is where those fruity notes come in!
- Egg White: The egg white is what helps create that foam on top as well as a smoother mouthfeel.
Yes, you can use bottled lemon juice. However, the drink won’t have that same sourness you’d get if you used fresh lemon juice. While it does slightly affect the taste, you can use bottled juice if you’re in a pinch.
Nope! The egg white is there to give the drink some viscosity as well as the nice foamy top you see in the photos. It has no effect on the taste at all.
Yes, you can. While we personally prefer using an egg white for optimum smoothness and foaminess, we know it’s not for everyone. Though it’s typically used in most foamy cocktails, there are a couple alternatives to raw egg whites that we’ve listed below:
– Pasteurized Egg Whites: If you’re not keen on using raw egg whites, the safer alternative is using pasteurized, bottled egg whites. We sometimes like to use this in place of raw ones to prevent wasting the egg yolks. You can use 2 oz in place of one large egg white.
– Aquafaba: We’ve never used aquafaba (chickpea water) before, but it should give you that foaminess you’re looking for. It’s a great alternative for those that don’t like eggs or are vegan. You can use 2 oz in place of a regular egg white.
– Cocktail shaker
– Coupe glass
More Drink Recipes You’ll Love
For another non-alcoholic drink, try out our dark & rainy cocktail!
A Few Tips
- Double strain your drink if you’re using fresh raspberry syrup. This is to get rid of any pulp as well as the fruit seeds.
- Use fresh lemon juice for the best taste. As mentioned, fresh lemon juice makes the Clover Club cocktail a bit more sour, which is what you want for this type of drink.
Made with raspberry syrup and fresh lemon juice, this Clover Club cocktail is the perfect blend of sweet and sour. Plus, it’s non-alcoholic, making it perfect for any time of the day!
- 2 oz non-alcoholic gin
- 1 ½ oz lemon juice
- ¾ oz raspberry syrup
- 1 egg white*
- 3 fresh raspberries for garnish
- Place all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- Dry shake for 30 seconds to emulsify the egg white.
- Add ice and shake again for 15-20 seconds.
- Strain over a coupe glass and garnish with fresh raspberries.
*Use 2 tbsp of bottled egg white or aquafaba in place of 1 large egg white.